By Popular Demand...BYU Brownies!!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My first day on campus at Brigham Young University was rather intimidating. A few days before my classes began, I found myself, along with my mother, going over my class schedule on foot, so I wouldn't find myself completely lost a few days later. After finding the location of the last class on my schedule, we found ourselves in the Wilkinson Center where I came across one of the loves of my life...The BYU Brownie. Although I now live thousands of miles from where this piece of heaven originates, I'm thrilled that I can share this rich recipe with my family, friends and you!

BYU Brownies


Brownie:
1 C. butter, melted
2/3 C. cocoa powder
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 C. flour

Mint Frosting:
1/2 C. butter
1 lb. powdered sugar
1-3 Tbsp. milk (A little more may be needed)
1/2 tsp. mint extract
Green food coloring

Chocolate Topping:
1 1/2 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 C. butter

Brownie: Mix butter, cocoa, and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Stir in flour. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 in. pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (or a little more if needed.) Let cool completely. Mint Frosting: Mix butter and powdered sugar. Add enough milk to make a smooth consistency. Add mint extract and enough food coloring for a light green color. Frosting will be thick. Spread over brownie layer. Refrigerate until firm. Chocolate topping: Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Stir well to combine. Pour over frosted brownies, covering frosting completely. Refrigerate until topping is set and hardened. Let brownies sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Candi said...

oh yummy! We are die hard chocolate fans in this house. thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Food, Glorious Food! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino